Friday, May 31, 2013

Missing hamster?

Crazy, crazy morning yesterday. Let's start by saying I have three younger brothers. One that is five, one that is 3 and one that is 1. I'm not going to say their names for privacy reasons :). Well, I was in the shower, about to put my shampoo in actually, when my 5 year old brother starts banging on the door screaming, "(3 year old brothers name) is opening you hamster cage!!" I jumped, literally jumped, out of the shower, grabbed a towel, wrapped it around me, opened the door, and said, "Go tell mom!". So he ran and told my mom. I then closed the door, unwrapped the towel, jumped back in the shower, and started massaging shampoo into my hair, when my mom yells "(3 year old brother) got into your cage, and your hamsters missing!". I again jumped out of the shower, wrapped my towel around myself, left the water running (accidentally, but that was the last thing I was thinking about) and ran out of the bathroom and into my room. My mom was digging in my cage and explained to me that when she came in here, the cage door was open, and now she couldn't find my hamster. She started looking around my room, and I kept digging in the cage. With no luck, I helped my mom look around the room. After a while, I had this feeling that I should look in the cage one more time, and when I did, Mocha's naughty little face popped out of the bedding, which was under the wheel. I looked everywhere but under the wheel! My brother got punished (time out), and Mocha is safe and sound in her cage. Whew! It was a exciting day, for Mocha and me, although Mocha had no idea what was going on. That little trouble maker :). 

7 comments:

  1. I have a year old and 8 year old daughter. They are always up to mischief! Fortunately both are pretty good with out rat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I bet. It's good that they are good with your rat. Hopefully my younger brother will come out of his obsession with Mocha :).

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad I only have to contend with Speedy and Hubby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I'm a little jealous :). Two days ago was very stressful!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I had a minor heart attack when I read the title of this post

      Delete