Monday, April 15, 2013

What are the differences between a dwarf hamster or Syrian hamster?

Another common question. What's the difference? Well, I'll tell you :).

Syrian-

4"- 7" long
A variety of colors, but the most common is gold
Can't live together
Nocturnal

Dwarf-
4" long
Depending on which type of dwarf, but overall a variety
Have to live together
Is awake at dawn and dusk

Those are the most common, but there are many more differences and similarities. I know at the beginning of my blog I said I will always recommend Syrian, and only Syrian, but as my research goes on, I'm not really sure...

Dwarfs are more active (I've read and heard) than Syrians, and I would like an active hamster. But, I would like large hamsters... So, I'm not exactly sure. Maybe by my next post I'll now :)
Syrian hamster next to Dwarf Winter White Russian Hamster.. See the difference?!

No comments:

Post a Comment