Monday, June 24, 2013

I'm back, fresh foods to feed your hamster

     Hi, everyone! I'm back! I had a great vacation that including tubing, water skiing, knee boarding, swimming, kayaking, and more! I hope everyone had a WONDERFUL time while I was gone! Mocha is doing wonderful, and she passed my checkup. She is very tired right now. I'll try to take a photo shoot tonight and get them uploaded sometime next week. I still have unpacking to do. I have something sad to say though. I don't think I've ever told you guys this, but I have a fish tank also, with 4 (-1) fish in there. I know this is a hamster blog, so if you want to know more about my fish, email me and I will be glad to tell you. I haven't been getting very many emails lately, so email me (since I'm taking a small break*read below* so I may not get back to you right away. I will answer though). Anyways, the fish I've had the longest, Chet, passed away while I was gone. Chet has been in the family for 2 years. He started off as my aunt's fish, and she soon gave it to me. I'm almost positive that Chet died of old age, since he was 2 years old. R.I.P. Chet. Anyways, sorry I haven't posted yet, I've been SO busy, unpacking and cleaning and all that good stuff. I won't be posting that much anymore until I have the time to get back to posting everyday. So it's almost like I'm taking a small break. So today, we will be talking about... 

Fresh foods to feed your hamster

     Yum! Fresh foods! Other than the regular hamster mix, you want to feed your hamster fresh foods at least 4 times a week.  Today, Mocha has broccoli, lettuce, celery leaves, a small piece of whole wheat bread, and a very, very, very small pinch of cheese. These things are all safe for all types of hamsters. The kinds of foods you want avoid are sugary foods and citric fruits such as strawberry, orange, etc. Blueberry is one of the only fruits for dwarf hamsters that I'm positive is safe for them, as long as it is in small amounts. The smallest blueberry in the container, cut in half, is as much as you want to give them. Syrians can have a little more, because they are not prone to diabetes. Winter whites don't get diabetes very easily, you have to be trying (which you should NEVER do) to give them diabetes. So I don't worry about Mocha that much, although I don't give her many sugary foods, because all hamsters can become obese. If you have a Syrian, you can give them a small piece of apple. Only Syrians and robos can have apple. I found a SUPER list of foods that you can feed your hamster, and it also includes a list of foods you can't. This is not mine, and I don't claim it to be. This link <-- click this. If you can't, copy and paste this. link.http://hamsterhideout.com/forum/topic/74051-safe-and-unsafe-foods-for-hamsters/  

Comment, follow, and share! 

4 comments:

  1. Good to see you back,but sad about Chet.and the nommies sound yummy!xx Speedy and mum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :). Mocha would agree with that!

      Delete